The Importance of Strategy
When you aim at nothing, you hit it every time.
Why start off at a disadvantage? Why "wing it" when you can spend just a bit of time creating a smart strategy to follow?
The strategic approach to accomplishing any significant task (including autoblogging) is integral for several reasons.
What Strategy Does for Automated Blogging (Don't Skip This)
Setting a Clear Direction - Identifies where you're going.
- What do you want to accomplish with your automated content creation?
- Which website?
- What could be working better?
- Insider Tip - Follow the steps that successful autobloggers have perfected.
Resource Optimization - Resources such as time and money are limited. A well-designed autoblogging strategy helps ensure you won't waste time and money.
- How much time can you devote to this?
- How much money are you able to invest?
- What tools and software exist?
- What training exists?
Risk Mitigation - Research a bit before you buy tools or software.
- Do any of the autoblogging tools you're looking at seem to have recurring technical issues?
- How about the quality of their technical support teams?
- Which tool or software might be a good backup in case the main one you like might start having issues?
Prioritization - Strategy helps in prioritizing tasks.
- Only some things that need to be done are equally important.
- Strategy helps distinguish between what you need now and what you can get later.
Flexibility - A strategy doesn't mean a rigid plan.
- A good strategy allows for adaptability and flexibility in response to changing circumstances.
- This helps you stay prepared for uncertainties and makes it easier to navigate through unforeseen challenges.
- Example - I once relied on a popular content generation service that changed how they created content. All of a sudden, the content was no longer reading that well. I did some research and found my new favorite AI content generation tool and simply swapped it into my game plan.
Measurement of Progress - Finally, a strategy also establishes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and milestones, which can be used to measure progress.
- How much visitor traffic is your blog getting before automating content creation?
- How about afterward?
- Which website features are getting the interactions?
- Are you getting more newsletter signups, calls, or affiliate commissions?
- Regular monitoring of these KPIs helps in understanding whether the approach is working or if there's a need for course correction.
- Google Analytics 4 offers a great way to track call clicks, form submissions, etc.
A well-designed strategy provides a roadmap that leads to the efficient and effective achievement of objectives. It helps to bring clarity, focus, and direction to the effort, making it more likely to succeed.
Strategy (as Applied to Using Software)
When you buy a new piece of software, "how" to use it strategically is one of the most important things to know. This is especially true for automated blogging because it keeps you from spinning your wheels trying to figure things out. And without it, it's a recipe for frustration, going nowhere fast, and just giving up.
What Usually Happens...
Minimal or No Training
You buy someone's cool software or plugin, but you're left scratching your head, wondering how to use it or the best way to use it.
Sometimes there's a "knowledgebase" that doesn't seem to have any useful information.
And worse, it's not uncommon for technical support to inform you that they really aren't there for "how to." They mention that they're there to help you log in if you can't or to assist if the software isn't working right.
Even more annoying is having to wait several days for support to respond, providing a response that doesn't answer your questions.
Sometimes, there's a quick video on how the dashboard is laid out or how to install a plugin or a script on your website. But you're left wanting some strategy or maybe a tip or two to get started in the right direction.
And far too many developers make the annoying mistake of doing some super quick video using the over-used word "test" when doing a high-level explanation (e.g., "I'm going to set up a project folder named "test" with a campaign named "test" in it to do a task called "test."). There's no real-world, concrete example to get your mind to connect the dots. Maddening.
I'm OK with having to pay for advanced training on something I'm really interested in. But I've got no patience for having to buy an upsell just to understand how to use the software or get some simple strategy using it.
A Better Approach...
Basic training should be included in all software tools. And it should include each of the modules that make up the software. That's the way the best automated blogging software developers roll.
One of the automated blogging platform developers that does a fantastic job of not only initial basic training but also advanced training are the guys at RSSMasher. In my mind, they set the standard for all other software developers to emulate.
Free vs. Paid Tools
I believe that the many WordPress plugin developers ultimately have spoiled us by making free plugins available for various website features. Heck, even the self-hosted WordPress website framework is free.
With some plugins, the free ones are all you need and work well. You can see some free RSS plugins here. But to get the more powerful features of many of the plugins, we need to upgrade to the pro (paid) version.
While I may cover free tools here and there, the tools I use every day (and are the ones you really want to have) are the paid ones.
Look at it as an investment in your business (even if your business is just one website). These paid tools can more than pay for themselves from additional commissions, sales, calls, sign-ups, and things like getting better search results positioning.
Wrapping It Up
Over time, you'll find many articles on this website related to automated content creation strategy. The most recent articles will be shown below. You'll also be able to find strategy articles on the Strategies and Tips category page.
And I'll be sure to point out the tools and software developers that have, not only great products, but excellent training, too.
FAQs - Automated Content Strategy
How can I use automated content marketing to achieve my business goals?
Automated content marketing can help you to achieve a variety of business goals, such as:
- Increasing website traffic
- Generating leads
- Building brand awareness
- Driving sales
- Improving customer retention
To use automated content marketing effectively, you need to first identify your specific business goals. Once you know what you want to achieve, you can start to develop an automated content strategy that will help you to reach your goals.
What are the different types of content that I can create with automated content marketing?
You can create a variety of content with automated content marketing, including:
- Blog posts
- White papers
- Social media posts
The type of content that you create will depend on your specific business goals and your target audience.
How can I ensure that my automated content is high-quality?
There are a few things you can do to ensure that your automated content is high-quality:
- Use a reputable automated content tool.
- Carefully review the content created by the tool before publishing it.
- Use plagiarism detection tools to check for any instances of plagiarism.
- Make sure that the content is relevant to your target audience and that it is well-written and error-free.
How can I distribute my automated content effectively?
- Publishing it on your website
- Sharing it on social media
- Distributing it through email marketing
- Placing it on guest blogs
- Submitting it to directories
The best way to distribute your content will depend on your specific business goals and your target audience.
How can I track the results of my automated content marketing campaigns?
It is important to track the results of your automated content marketing campaigns to see what is working and what is not. There are a variety of tools that you can use to track the results of your campaigns, such as Google Analytics, Ahrefs, SEMRsuh, HubSpot Marketing, etc.
By tracking the results of your campaigns, you can identify what content is most effective and adjust your strategy as needed.
What are the future trends in automated content marketing?
- The use of AI-powered tools to create more personalized content
- The use of Machine Learning to track and optimize content performance
- The use of automated content to create interactive experiences
How do I choose the right automated content strategy tool for my business?
The best way to choose the right automated content strategy tool for your business is to consider your needs and budget. If you are looking for a robust tool to help you create high-quality content quickly and easily, then RSSMasher, Jasper, Surfer may be a good option. If you are on a budget, then WordGalaxy or ZimmWriter may be a better choice.